Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Wild & Crazy Week

This past week we had an earthquake, a tornado, a hurricane named Irene and of course my 50th birthday. It was crazy for us up here on the east coast.  I am happy to say that in my area, there were no major residuals from Irene.  We are all safe and sound.

But before the storm hit, my sister came drove to my home and presented to me a bag with some Birthday items and my favorite type birthday cake. I was so excited.  She had me take out one item at a time.  First a hat that she decorated and then a red boa, a red shirt and then a red ring....you know the kind us Divas wear. I changed into my shirt and put my red hat on and then we were both off to see the movie "The Help" in Red Hat Society Style.  It was so much fun....I love her so much.

Then once home I opened up the door and I was surprised with a "Mad Hatter Tea Party"  that my kids and their spouses threw me.   Everyone was dressed up and all wearing hats.  It really was a lot of fun. I sure ate and drank enough that's for sure.......so, I am 50 years old now and I am fabulous.  It's all good. I truly have the best family ever and I thank god every night for them.




1 comment: