Monday, August 2, 2010

Taking baby steps to a healthier me.

 How about some healthy fresh fruit juice?
I love freshly squeezed orange juice. I don’t make it often, but I think I am going to hop on it and start squeezing away.
What could be better for you then store bought fruit juice? Raw fruit juice! When you buy juice, it is always pasteurized. Pasteurization not only kills bacteria and preserves the juice, but also destroys many (if not most) of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes, along with their health-promoting properties. Sometimes the process adds chemicals, sugars and other unhealthy ingredients. Fortunately, juice is easy to make at home, so try fresh, raw, homemade juice for a burst of nutrition, plus orange juice is also an excellent source of potassium.


I am thinking about getting a juicer….that’s one kitchen gadget that I don’t have.

No comments:

Post a Comment