Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cleaning....more than a chore...sometimes it's down right fun.

I am having a family hot dog roast this weekend.  I love spending time with my family and god knows we don't spend enough time together, but guest in my home equals, cleaning the house.  Sometimes, I can really get into cleaning...... I crank up some music and go to town. But honestly, most of the time I can't get into it.  I also noticed the older I get, the more I hate wasting time cleaning......but more than that, I despise a dirty house.  One problem is, I have one old Beagle and a cat.  These four legged friends sure can shed some fur.  Anyway, today I am going to clean my house and can't wait till I am finished......I am going to enjoy a wonderful glass of sangria as soon as I am finished.  So, is cleanliness really next to Godliness, and if so what does that really mean?
Right before my daughter was due to have my granddaughter my sister Debbie and I decided to clean her house. We thought it would be nice to come home from the hospital to a clean house. That was so much fun...yes it was fun to clean because we made it fun. We dressed up like cleaning Divas. We laughed and sang and of course we cleaned.  We also brought a picnic lunch to have during our lunch break.  We made some fun memories and yes, this was all based around cleaning.  Okay, well time to pump up the music and dig into the cleaning of my home.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of something I have been thinking a lot about lately... washing the dishes to wash the dishes. Enjoying and living each and every moment.

    from The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hahn:

    "While washing the dishes one should only be washing the dishes, which means that while washing the dishes one should be completely aware of the fact that one is washing the dishes. At first glance this might seem a little silly: why put so much stress on a simple thing? But that's precisely the point. The fact that I am standing there and washing these bowls is a wondrous reality. I'm being completely myself, following my breath, conscious of my presence, and conscious of my thoughts and actions. There's no way I can be tossed around mindlessly like a bottle slapped here and there on the waves."

    Be well :)
    -Katee

    ReplyDelete