Wednesday, August 25, 2010

~My Birthday~

I tell my family that this is the year I plan to do a few things that I have never done before. Just simple things, like taking a cake decorating class, Yoga or Tie Chi. I feel like this is the time for me to do activities just for me. After all these years I have done so much for those around me, (I will continue to do so), now it’s time to sit back and think about what I want to do.

I also know that I have begun to look at age in a different way. I notice that people my age are now taking medication for one thing or another. Our health becomes a big focus point at my age. We want to be as healthy as possible so that we can live a long time and enjoy all this life has to offer us.

My relationship with God has changed. I have to admit I don’t go to mass as much as I should, but I feel that I am closer to God more now then when I was younger. I put my life in his hands and I will live the life that he has chosen for me. God is good and I continually thank him for all the blessings he has given me.

So, I know that this is the last year of me in my 40’s and I plan to have a blast, in a very healthy and fun way. I will drink plenty of water as well as some fine wine. I am going to eat chocolate as well as my fruits and veggies. I also plan to spend time with fun and positive people. Life is good and all is well.

I am off to enjoy my birthday with my family and I sure hope to eat some cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment