Monday, July 11, 2011

Time With My Girls

When you run a family business it's very hard to get away from it, even when you're business isn't open or you're on vacation. My family noticed that most of our conversations and actions are based around the business.  On the weekends or while we are on vacation, we actually have to say to each other....."No Shop Talk".   It's a very difficult habit to break, to say the least.

My daughter and I got to a  point where we felt like the only thing we talked about was our family business.  After a while, this wears thin on any relationship. With that said, we recently spent the weekend together (at the Jersey Shore) along with my beautiful granddaughter.  A few times work came up, but we quickly shut it down.  We had lots of girl fun.  We swam, went to the beach, went out to dinner and we also went to dinner at my sister's shore home.  Plus, we got to spend some time with some old cheerleading friends.  We had a very relaxing weekend. I had a blast watching my granddaughter play and swim. She is so much fun.

You know, being healthy isn't only about your physical and mental  health, it's also about being healthy in your heart and soul. My time with my daughter and granddaughter surely made my heart and soul happy.  So, sometimes you just have to plan quality time together. It will make your heart and soul smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment