Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Wedding Shower.

This past weekend we celebrated a couples style wedding shower, for my son and my future daughter in law. To say it was a wonderful experience would be putting it mildly. It was a fun event shared by the bride and groom, as well as the families. What a nice way to bring two families together. These two families will soon become a united family for my son and his bride.

I have always just been to the traditional "women only" showers. I wonder why our side of the family never tried a couple’s shower before. I really enjoyed meeting and intermixing with my future daughter in laws side of the family as well hanging out with my family... You know it’s always nice to have any reason for families to get together, but what better a reason then a wedding shower?

The bride’s mother and step father did a fantastic job putting this shower together. They really worked hard to pull it all together and it showed.  The food was amazing. The cake was delicious; it had a layer of raspberry filling between the cake and the icing. YUM! The place it was held at was incredible; it was an “After School Rock and Roll” facility. The building was so cool and had so much character in itself. There was a band that played current music with a twist of rock and a hint of folk style music. The music couldn’t help but get you singing along or tapping your toes to the beat of whatever song they were singing.  Plus it was such a hoot watching my granddaughter shaken her little bottom to the music.

It was nice to see my son and all his buddies together too. It’s been a while since the last time I’d seen them all together. Seeing them together brought back a lot of memories.

I could tell my son and his fiancé were thrilled to have their, family and friends join them in this exciting celebration. And OH BOY did they get a ton of wonderful gifts.

I told myself before the shower to soak up this wonderful event, absorb it into my heart and just enjoy the day.  And you know what? I did just that.

All in all it was a blast. The bride looked beautiful and my son looked so happy. What more could a mother ask………but to see their child happy.


                                                                        

3 comments:

  1. So good to appreciate life's special moments. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I will add you to my list - I would like to keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post!! I am so stalking you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm happy to be a new follower of your lovely blog! It truely is amazing, truely!

    ReplyDelete