Monday, April 11, 2011

A Great Start To The Week!

I knew I had to drag my butt out of bed and get to the gym bright and early this morning. I knew this was going to be a hard thing to do after a weekend of celebrating. I downright ate too much. This was why my heart was saying get out and get moving, make some real good choices today. So, I did just that. While I drove to the Gym I made sure I didn’t turn on the radio. I knew once I was in the gym the music would be on and I just wanted to enjoy some peace and quiet before I entered the Gym. Once I was there I noticed something about myself. I noticed calmness……for those of you that know me; I am not a calm person. I am much more of a high energy gal. This calmness was so relaxing, and soothing. I did some stretches and then decided to get on the treadmill. I still felt nice and calm. I loved this feeling. I wanted to box it up. I wonder if others feel this way more often then not.


I noticed the people that were in the gym at that time of day were older (the definition of older, is 10 years older than your age..ha ha) and I noticed that most of them smiled at each other and said good morning and other pleasantries. You don’t see or hear that at night. Plus there was such a positive feeling in the air compared to when I would work out at night. But then again this maybe because I was calm and was more in tune to what was going on around me.

I am determined to get back to working out 3 to 4 times a week (I was on a down swing of 1 or 2 times a week) and I want to try to go in the morning. In between work outs at the gym, I will do some Yoga at home. I want to keep myself focused and calm. I know that is not something that will happen all the time but being in that zone this morning was so enjoyable. I noticed those around me, where normally I just go and do my thing and then just get out of there. Getting a smile and a good morning from people that you don’t know on a Monday was a Great Start to my week. On top of that I got a good work out in. All in all it was a nice Monday.
I missed my Arby this weekend.
Walking with him along the bay was always a relaxing time.
                                           

2 comments:

  1. I love your picture of you and arbatron lucas! Your blogs are always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love going to the gym in the day. I work shifts so its easier on my days off to go during the day when the kids are in school. I always find the 'older' people chatty and friendly and very supportive.
    I'm new to your blog but will follow on along your way
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete