Friday, April 15, 2011

I started a “Divas for Healthy Living” group after work  this week. We are going to meet once a week for the next 6-8 weeks.  The goal for the group is to learn how to eat healthy with clean fresh foods and loose weight as we as we go along.  I am excited and I am sure we will all do well because there is power in numbers.

We are starting this program with a detox week. This is all done with real foods, nothing artificial. The first week’s goal is to get rid of the sugar overload and junk in our body. We are doing this by eating lots of veggies, proteins, water, herbal tea and citrus fruits. No more prepackaged or processed foods. We deserve to treat our bodies with respect and honor.


We are also detoxing from caffeine. This can be hard for me because I sure do like my morning coffee. Although, one week isn’t going to hurt me or anyone for that matter. Well, actually withdraw from caffeine can cause headaches. We are adding exercise for those who are not doing in now and upping it for those of us whom are.

This is the first time I held a class like this. I feel like I am finally putting my nutrition education to good use (other then for the food program for the daycare). I hope it will be successful for the gals in the class as well as for me holding the class. You know what……? I know it will be successful. I will make sure it is. I am super excited about working with these women. I think it's going to be fun too.

I am feeling real good about this. Okay, I am off to make myself an egg white omelet with spinach and cheese.
Veggies from my garden last year.  I can't wait to start my garden this year.

2 comments:

  1. That is exactly how I started - detox with healthy non processed food. There is a movement ERF (Eat Real Food) that is based on the same idea - which you probably already knew about. I loved the detox and it led to many new eating habits that have stuck. I try to avoid processed food as much as possible still and I eat a lot of fresh veggies, beans and natural grains and eat a little of lean proteins. I can't wait to hear about your results - they will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for recommending i check out your blog. Sounds like a great idea. I live in the country , not too many people, hard to get others on board.

    ReplyDelete