Monday, April 18, 2011

Passing up a Danish.....

Saturday morning we drove down to our shore place.   Home Depot  was coming out to measure for the flooring on our addition.  So, while my hubby was waiting for that to be done, I was going to Ocean City's Do Da Parade with my sister and her puppy Zoe. We were going to meet up with some other Divas (we didn't end up meeting, hopefully next time) while we were there.   It's a fun parade celebrating the ending of tax season and the beginning of the Spring fun. Well, the weather wasn't so promising, lots of wind and rain. Due to the weather, they only had half of the parade and it wasn't very good.

While I was waiting for the parade to start, I began to get hungry. This worried me because I didn't bring any prepared snacks and I needed to eat something healthy. I spotted a pastry shop and a donut shop. But I couldn't find a shop where I could go in and buy some fruit or a yogurt. I can't go past 3 hours with out a small snack and I was pissed at myself for not being prepared.  At one point, I even walked into the pastry shop......MMMmmm it smelled so good.  I walk very quickly out.  I dodged that disaster. I was so proud of myself.  It sounds like no big deal.....but for me it's a big deal, because it would have been so easy to just grab a danish or a donut.
 Yay for me :)

Ps.  When I  left the parade I headed out and bought a salad with chicken breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment