Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stuffed Green Peppers ~ Yum!

I love fresh vegetables and it upsets me to know that the produce production from my garden is coming to an end. So, I am trying to make the most with whatever I have left growing.   Today I made “Stuff Green Peppers”.   They were so good and very easy to make…… To make it lean, I used ground lean turkey and my tomatoes and herbs from my garden.  I also made them with brown rice instead of the white rice.  I love brown rice and  brown rice is exceptionally high in fiber. It is also loaded with vitamins and minerals because brown rice is not milled; it manages to hang on to all of its bran and germ content.  I am not really sure why I was raised on white rice.  I remember as a child my mother always using minute rice.  I suppose with 6 children it was a fast side to make.  I am not sure why......but for me it's brown rice.  We need to get our nutrients where we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment