Thursday, September 23, 2010

Motivating Strategy Part 2

Before I begin, I want to point out that part one for me was not so easy; in fact I had a very difficult time with it. Here is an example, I had to take a blouse back to the Outlets on Sunday and I caught a glimpse of myself in one of the stores windows and man that did me in. I kept trying to talk myself into feeling better about myself  but my day was shot. I really got ticked off and became more upset for letting myself feel like that. But, today I looked in the mirror and said to myself ‘Your taking care of yourself and you are feeling good about yourself, give yourself a break”. I suppose this is my version of the prayer portion from the book “Eat, Pray, Love” Mmmmm, Sighhhhh (for those who read “Eat, Pray, Love”) with that said, I am moving on to Motivating Strategy part 2.

Just a side note: I feel like Elizabeth Gilbert writing this blog post.
Part two can be done at anytime, but it’s perfect for meditation, quiet reflection or during your prayers.

Part 2: Think about how good you will feel when you achieve your goals. In a way, this is an approach to the power of attraction. What does success feel like? You will hopefully feel confident, healthy and good about yourself. Feel that feeling NOW.

This is much easier said than done, but I am going to give it all I got. For me personally, I will have a strong and lean body with a less bloated tummy and will feel better in my own body. I will feel more confident in my strategy towards my goals.

One step towards my goal is writing down how I feel. I try to keep a daily food diary and when I feel like I might need extra help or I am struggling, I note the time of the day and how I feel about myself at that point. Good or bad I take a deep breath in and carry on with my day.

So back to my meditation…….MMMMmmmmm, Sighhhhhhhhh………….ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment