Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Yesterday was so beautiful, the sun was shining and there was such a nice breeze.  It was just a beautiful Mother's Day.

I had a really nice and relaxing day. My family took me out to breakfast.  I like to go to the local firehouse that has a restaurant inside it, they use it for weddings and banquets also. They sure make a scrumptious breakfast. I had 3 fluffy pancakes with 2 pieces of country sausage (made at a local butcher) and coffee. It was so good and my tummy felt so happy after I ate. It's been a very LONG time since I had pancakes. I feel like I eat fairly healthy during the week, so it's okay to enjoy a breakfast like I had today. It's all about balancing out how you eat. My kids also gave me some cool gifts, but the best gift is all of my family being together.

After we ate, we visited my hubby's mom and we had a real nice visit just relaxing and talking on the porch.

Once back home I got ready for my version of "Race for The Cure". I broke my foot last week so I was unable to do the real walk in Philadelphia. I have been pretty bummed about it. So, I decided to do my own version of the walk and I walked in memory of my mom. My mother battled breast cancer when she was in her fifties. She passed a few years later. I am sure she was looking down on me and gave out a chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment