Friday, May 20, 2011

Divas For a Healthy Lifestyle Class

My Healthy Lifestyle classes are coming to end.  It's a 6 week class and this week was class number 5.   I am so please that everyone is doing very well.  Most of us lost a few pounds and a few of us lost even more.  The best thing is the fact that we have become more aware of what we are putting in our bodies.  We are more respectful of who we are and what we need.  One thing we have talked about is stress and how it affects our weight.  Most of us have been emotional eaters at one time in our life and weight gain when under stress may also be at least partly due to the body's system of hormonal checks and balances. This can actually promote weight gain when you're stressed out.  So, you have to find away to beat the stress.  Easier said then done, right?     

Exercise is the best method for lowering the hormone that rises in response to stress.  Exercise also has the added benefit of burning calories to stimulate weight loss.  So yes, it all comes back to moving our bodies.  Today, I am holding a 15 minute movement class.  If anyone wants to join me, let me even  know.  My movement time will be at 1:00pm.  I am putting on some music and then I am just going to dance and move around.  That's it. I am going to be doing this with a broken foot and all.  I don't care if I have to move around on one foot or in a chair.  The plan is to just get moving.

I love this...See us Diva's are still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment