Thursday, May 26, 2011

I am so proud of my Divas

Last night was my last class, of the 6 week “Diva’s For a Healthy Lifestyle” program.

I feel like this class went well. I really tried to emphasize that this class was about being educated in nutrition, and taking care of ourselves as a whole, as well as weight loss. Losing weight can be so difficult and my goal was to teach about nutrition, weight loss and how and why we need to respect our body. Losing weight becomes easier once you know what foods are good for you and how these foods are broken down in the digestive tract.

I tried to keep this program real, as in real life. I emphasized that if you over ate or maybe ate something you normally wouldn’t eat, that it’s okay. It doesn’t mean you blew your day. It doesn’t mean you have to be in this, it’s all or nothing mode. You can just make a better choice at your next meal. Not, I am going to start my diet on Monday. I think we have all said that phrase, at one point in our lives. Let’s face it, there are going to be birthday cakes, family BBQs and vacations. But being educated in nutrition, means that we can enjoy these special times and still make good choices. I also taught the class everything from reading labels, eating fresh organic and local farm fresh foods, as well as portion control. And let’s not forget about exercise.

Something we all face is stress and why we eat more when we are stressed. I taught how exercise helps us minimize stress as well as burn calories. For our last class, I started the class off with a calming room, a relaxing bamboo scented candle and some soothing music. Then I led the class through a deep breathing and stretching exercise. It felt awesome. We really enjoyed this relaxing time together.

I think whenever I hold my next set of classes I am going to start each class off with this calming and soothing routine. It was a nice way to start the class.

My Divas holding up their "Diva for a Healthy Lifestyle" nutition certificates.
I am so proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment