Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year & A Good Start

Happy New Year!
I am really excited about 2011. I feel it’s going to be a really good year.

I have some decisions I know I am going to have to make, that are not going to be easy, and I know that it’s just a part of life to make difficult decisions. I am not going to look at this as a negative thing; I am going to try to think of it as just a part of life. (More on this at another posting.) With this mindset I don’t want to start this year out on a bad foot. I think it’s going to be a good start…..life will be good this year, again just a feeling. After all isn't that what they say.....what you put out there in the universe the universe will give back to you, or just the power of positive thinking. Or even better, the power of prayer. It all depends on how YOU look at it.

“A good start” is a perfect way to start my first posting for this 2011 posting.
Talking about good starts…….I am going to start sharing my feelings on how we can start this year out taking care of our insides and our outsides. We can start off by eating Breakfast everyday. I never used to eat breakfast, but it’s a fact that it starts up our bodies just like gasoline starts up our cars. Without the food / fuel you can’t get anywhere for the day. Another rule of thumb for weight loss is to drink 16 oz of water when you first wake up. Then make sure you eat your breakfast within the first 60 minutes of waking up. Make sure your breakfast consists of a protein and a carbohydrate mix, this way your sugar level stays even through out the morning. That’s what your body needs to be fueled up and be ready to face the world.

It maybe difficult to get that much water in you first thing in the morning, but let me tell you it helps flush out any built up toxins in your body from the night before. Your organs inside your body and your skin outside your body will be freshly hydrated and ready to do their job.

It’s relatively easy to eat a healthy breakfast but it’s a lot easier to eat an unhealthy breakfast. Let’s see….picking up chocolate donuts or making an egg white omelet with Multi grain toast and 1/2 a grapefruit. So yes, it is easier to eat unhealthy, but if you take just a few extra minutes you can eat and enjoy a healthy breakfast.

A few examples are: high fiber cereals, fat free milk with a banana and a small glass of juice. I need my cup of Joe along with that.

A multi grain English muffin with homemade or organic all fruit and a small nonfat yogurt. Of course a cup of Joe.

My favorite is an egg white, spinach and feta cheese omelet with, whole wheat toast and a light smidgen of butter, an half grapefruit and of course my cup of Joe.

I could go on and on…..but the point is to get that healthy protein, carbohydrate mix to get you started for the day and to hold you over until your morning snack. So, drop that donut or muffin routine and take a few extra minutes to take care of yourself.

Breakfast is a good start to your day and it’s a good way of starting your New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment