Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Power !

What can you do when you can’t do anything?

First of all, when you want to do something about an event in your life or you want to help someone close to you and you are unable to, you can feel out of control. I am at my worst when I feel out of control. I hate when this happens and I am sure most of us are not too fond of feeling this way either. We all handle life stressors in different ways. Some people drink, some hit the bars or maybe get depressed and stay in bed for as long as they can.

Here are a few things I do, when I know there is something going on and I can’t do a dam thing about it. Some are great choices, some good choices and some not too good choices. It’s okay though, because it’s just how I handle the stressors in my life. Then, I try to bounce back up and put one foot in front of the other. Because God knows, you have to move on through your day and handle new challenges as they arise.   Here are a few ways I handle stress in my life:

• Exercise but then go home and eat something I shouldn’t
Or just exercise.

• Wash……and fold.

• Eat chocolate

• Cook up comfort foods…..and bake something to go along with it.

• Pray….before bed

• Clean….there is always something that can be wiped down or vacuumed up.

• Take care of a child…..this always gets your mind off things

• Write down my thoughts and feelings

• Pray, while taking a shower

• Be with my family

• Talk with my friends

• Pray, while sitting in my car

• Make tea……..not sure if this works but something I always want to do

• Comfort someone by making them feel comfortable with a fluffy blanket

• Just be there…..yes, just be there.

• Oh you know what? I can do something, anytime, anywhere. So, actually I do have the power to do something when things in my life are out of control.

• PRAY…ANYTIME…..ANYWHERE……THE POWER OF PRAYER.  It's all in the hands of god anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment