Sunday, January 30, 2011

Prayer for Vera

I have this sweet Siamese Kitten name Vera and she is about to have surgery this upcoming Tuesday.  We just found out that she has many internal genetic abnormalities and the surgery is very risky.  Her heart is mishaped and it has bands of tissue around it and it connects to her other organs, her liver is three times the size it should be (although her liver function test are normal) and her diaphragm is misshaped. The risk is that her diaphragm doesn't hold her lungs up and that her lungs collapse.  She is the sweetest kitten ever and my husband and I have grown so attached to her. This is extra hard because I am still morning my dear Beagle Arby. So, my heart hurts.  Vera has no idea that anything is wrong with her, she runs around and plays with Daisy and just enjoys being a regular fun kitten. My hope is that her abnormalities are "her normal ".
I am asking all that read my blog to say this prayer or any other prayer to ask GOD to help Vera through her surgery and back to us healthy, if this is his will.  Thank you so much, and GOD BLESS YOU.
                                           
(As I write this post, Vera is sitting here licking my arm and just looking at me....she is adorable.)

Heavenly Father,
Please help us in our time of need,
You have made us stewards of Vera.
If it is Your will, please restore Vera
to health and strength through her upcoming surgery.

I pray too for other animals in need.
May they be treated with the care and respect
deserving of all your creation
Blessed are You Lord God,
and holy is Your name for ever and ever
Amen

I will post the outcome of the surgery on Tuesday. 

Little Vera & I
 

1 comment:

  1. This prayer and more will be said for little Vera. I'm so sad for all of you, this is a heartbreaking time. God bless little Vera.

    ReplyDelete