Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Sweet, and Gentle Boy!

Arby was my 16 year old Beagle. He was the kindest, sweetest dog I have ever met. He was more then the family pet. He was a member of my family. He was my sidekick and my companion. He was my friend.

He always enjoyed cuddling up in a blanket and snuggling up with me and he made sure he was insight of me at all times. If he couldn’t see me, he would make sure he would look all around the house until he found me. He enjoyed trips to the Jersey shore and walks on the beach with his Aunt Debbie and I.  He loved coming into the playroom whenever Nicole brought my grandaughter over.  He just wanted to be a part of whatever the baby was doing......it was so cute..stinky as he was.   He enjoyed family functions and he made sure he would be sitting in the middle of whatever was going on. Christmas time was one of his favorite times. When everyone was opening up their presents and gift paper was flying all over the place, he would be in the middle of it, just looking at everything going on. He just loved when everyone was together….period. That’s what he loved.

When he was a puppy he slept at night with my son. He just loved getting all cozy with the blankets and pillows. My son liked to dress him up in clothes, and Arby didn’t mind a bit…okay, maybe a bit.

Arby was the stinkiest beagle ever. He enjoyed trash eating, bunny droppings, cat littler and over the years, he has eaten his fair share of chocolate bunny rabbits, as well as bags of Halloween candy. I think he had a stomach of steal.

Something I never told anyone about my puppy Arby and I……I often called him my “Link” …..He was my link from my first marriage to the life I live today (second marriage). Going through a divorce is painful. Moving on is painful……the changes that you and your children go through are very, very difficult. Through all that mess, my Arby was my “Link from my past to my present”. I spilled many tears and gave him many hugs and cuddled up with him many, many of times through that period of my life. He gave me nothing but unconditional love. He was there for me completely and nonjudgmental of my decisions. He was my “Link” (Tearful right now) He will always be my LINK.

He had a special white spot on the top of his head that I called his “Kissing Spot” I loved kissing him there. I will forever miss kissing him on that special white spot of his.  I miss him so much and my house will never be the same without him. (my heart hurts)

Arby rest in peace my dear sweet baby boy of mine. I will forever hold a special place in my heart and I will meet you on the other side of “The Rainbow Bridge”.  Here are a few small clips of sweet Arby.

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is the sweetest tribute I've ever read. Arby - you were one in a million.

    ReplyDelete