Friday, December 10, 2010

Enjoy the Pureness of Real Butter and Real Sugar !

My motto for this "Holiday Season" is to enjoy everything from family and friends to good cheer and good food.  One major change is, I am only going to eat homemade foods and baked goods.  No processed foods......Only the best for me, such as pure butter and real sugar, fresh eggs and real fresh milk.  Our bodies are made to break down natural and pure foods. No more artificial sugars and sweeteners, either I will use the real thing or nothing at all.  We just have to remember everything in moderation. See, that's where my problem has always been.  I want to eat it all.  Not just a few.  I still have to work on that.
 
If you're trying to eat healthy like I am, perhaps you have heard to stay away from processed foods. While that's great advice, it seems many people are confused about what exactly constitutes processed food. Remember - processed foods are foods that have been altered from their natural state. Such as trans fats,
Trans fats are really like plastic, and when we eat them they incorporate in our cells and the cells cannot communicate or talk to one another. In turn, hormones are disturbed, weight gain follows but more troubling, the risk for heart disease, cancer, stroke go up.  
 





I am not going to go on forever on this, but I know that once this junk is in your body and your about my age, it hard to get it out of your body. It clings to your cells and your intestines and just makes you feel awful.......that's one of the reasons I went through my two week detox.
Well, the reason I am bringing this topic up is because this Sunday is our holiday cookie baking day. My sister, daughter, myself and this year my granddaughter will get together and bake cookies for our family party. I will make sure we use all natural ingredients because it's just good for us, no more fake stuff.  It's just not worth it.
 I can't wait and I hope we have lots of fun and make plenty of memories....and enjoy the pureness of a few homemade butter and sugar cookies.  
 I will post some pictures next week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment