Friday, October 8, 2010

Spending Time with family.

Spending time with family is so important. We often get so wrapped up in our careers, finances, school and other things in life that we sometimes forget about the most important things.

It is more important than we realize to spend time with our family to bring them closer together, while it is also important to spend quality time together. Spending time with your family over the years is something you can't replace because time goes by quickly. It just seems like yesterday I was raising two small children and now years later they are adults and starting families of their own..

A few days ago we had our children and their families over to celebrate my son’s birthday. I made dinner and baked my son’s favorite peach cobbler for dessert. Afterwards we played a game of 20 questions. We really enjoyed playing the game and it was so nice just to spend time together.

We decided to make it a monthly activity. So once a mouth we will get together for a family game day. I hope it works out because being with my family makes my heart happy.
My mother was a big fan of Erma Bombeck so in her memory I am sharing Erma’s thoughts on family.

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment