Thursday, October 14, 2010

Motivating Strategy Part 3

Motivating Strategy Part three of three.

I had a few hard times with my part 2 of this strategy, so I needed to lengthen the amount of time on that exercise. I feel like I am ready for part 3.
So here it goes.
Part 3 is to keep those good feelings close to you as you practice the behaviors you know will help you make progress towards your goals.
I have to ask myself: What are some of those other behaviors? For me, its how I feel about where I am in my weight loss or just about how good I feel when I am eating healthy nutrient dense foods. It’s also about making healthy choices. Sometimes its small changes such has changing your milk (what I am about to do)……Going from your regular milk to fresh organic milk from your local farmer. Or it could be about putting a few extra dollars into your savings account before you put those few extra dollars in your pocket. Maybe it’s time to actually sign up for that class you have been thinking about. You know, the one that may help you prepare for your new career or progress in your present career.  The behaviors your practice will just depend on your goals. Sometimes you need to write them down so you see the behaviors that will help you move towards your ultimate goal. Post them up so you can see them. Keep in mind your goals may change as you move along. You just have to adjust as you move forward.

Your motivation should come within, but it’s always nice to have a support system to help you along.

So, I just keep chugging along and I try to make each day the best I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment