Thursday, July 1, 2010

~~~~~Red, White and Blue.......the Healthy Way!

I am unable to go to the gym the next few days because I will be down the Jersey shore, but I want to stay on track, so I will be taking walks and riding my bike.....and swimming. Anything to get the old body moving.
~also~
It's going to be a challenge but I am going to stay clear of the cakes, cookies and other sweet deserts( I love sweets) this forth of July weekend. Instead I am going to eat fresh fruits and veggies. Let's see how it works out for me.
Here is a yummy healthy dessert to try and it's patriotic too. 
 
6 ounces vanilla yogurt
4-6 strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup pecans or granola, chopped
Directions
1.  Layer 2 oz. yogurt, 2-3 sliced strawberries, 1/8 cup blueberries and 1/8 cup chopped pecans or granola in parfait glass.

2.  Repeat layers. Top with remaining yogurt.
3. Garnish with a few chopped pecans and/or a strawberry if desired.
ENJOY!


Happy 4th Of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment