Monday, July 12, 2010

Just My Opinion

Multitasking is overrated.


I think we Diva’s can work on one thing at a time and sometimes it's alright to multi task. I will get to that later. I know in life we must multitask...it's just a fact of life in order to get through the day, but here are my feeling on the subject.
Anyway, for those who know me; have heard me say this numerous times. “Multi tasking is overrated.” Yesterday while I was at the gym, I was watching “The Morning Show” and Faith Salie did a segment on Multitasking…..it was quite comical. She really got me thinking because I have been saying this for years……Hey, Focus in on one task at a time…..when you have completed that task, then move to the next item. This way every task at hand gets your undivided attention.
Multitasking used to be and may still be an asset when applying for a job or putting on your resume. I don’t know, since owning my own business I personally have not had to worry about it for me, but I do see it on future employee work applications and resumes. I think of it as, yes you can do a few things at one time, but usually you’re not proficient in any of them.

In the business world we have become obsessed with it.
It is a result of our fixation on how little time we have to accomplish whatever it is we are working on. I believe it’s a result of our love of efficiency, but it often kills effectiveness in what we are attempting to do. Again….just my opinion. Maybe, I say this because I swear I have Adult Attention Deficit Disorder and it gives me a good excuse why I can’t get things done..Ha Ha.

Divas!……sometimes we can “Diva Multi Task”……like getting a pedi and reading a gossip magazine, or listing to our iPod while we exercise. Drinking a cocktail while soaking up some sun rays………….These are a few of my favorite multitasking things.

Okay, Enough said on that topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment