Thursday, June 10, 2010

This Post is in Memory of Toby.

I have been working on a new post for a few days and for some reason I just haven't finished it.
Since then, my sister's dog Toby has passed away and instead I am going to post a poem in honor of Toby and my sister Debbie.  My sister loved Toby more then anyone could ever imagine. He was her rock.  He was always there for her even when others were not.  He was there in happy and difficult times.  They were just so very close. To me, pets are the glue in the family structure. Always there for everyone in the family, with unconditional love.  

 BEYOND THE RAINBOW
As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.
I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.
I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.
For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

2 comments:

  1. I am sad about Toby. My heart goes out to my dear friend "Mrs. T"! I love her she is my little sister! And her sister is my littler sister. Toby is with all of our loved doggies, running all around. Heaven is good to them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry; losing a wonderful furry friend like Toby is so painful. His love will stay with you and your family forever along with all the fun memories. Take care...Love, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete