Monday, June 14, 2010

On the Spiritual Side Today.

 On the spiritual side today…..I think of us Diva’s as well-rounded woman. (No pun intended.)

Living a full life means being in the here and now on so many different levels. So, today I am going to take a walk on the spiritual side. I like to dabble in a bit of everything on this blog, because it all comes together to make us the person we are.

Think about it, we are no longer hunters and gatherers; we can easily find ready-made food to eat at any store. Our modern lifestyle has become more sedentary (I know, some of us exercise as much as we can) while our access to food has increased, it’s everywhere. Temptation is everywhere we turn. I have to admit I am part of the problem with this. I bring food to my employees and family all the time, sometimes pretzels, cakes, donuts, pizza..and on and on.

We need to relearn positive eating habits and remember to eat to live instead of living to eat. The spiritual approach to weight loss reminds us that we are nourished ultimately by God and that we should love God more than food. We eat for the wrong reasons. I am an emotional eater. I ask god to “Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” Temptation is powerful…..it’s something we face every day.

Food has become a status symbol and a form of entertainment which has ultimately made us fat. Think about how we celebrate or entertain, it’s always with food. It’s how we have been raised.

Try using prayer to reduce your weight is to realign yourself with the spiritual aspect of eating and the source of our true sustenance, which is God. Excess weight is religiously symbolic of "hanging on to too much" either physically, such as having too many possessions, or mentally, such as harboring grudges and unforgiving thoughts toward those who may have wronged you. We need to release these excessive possessions, grudges, or unforgiving thoughts and feelings…..by doing this we should feel a weight being released from our shoulders and inner self. It feels good to get rid of something we don’t need. Someone else may need what we give away and it sure feels better to give away something then to receive something we don’t need. I know I am going to start working on this………

No comments:

Post a Comment