Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day Week.

While, I haven't posted in a while I feel like I need to say so much, but for some reason I haven't been able to sit down and write. I am not sure why, too busy, overwhelmed, tired, not sure which or maybe a combination of all of them. Sometimes my mind needs a break and I just feel like I am in that spot right now. This can be a good thing or not so good thing.
With all that said,
This week is a week to reflect on our mothers.
Maybe you are close to your mother or maybe not. Maybe your mother is still here with you or maybe she is an angel guarding over you. Some of us may be brand new mommies or some of us have been at it for years. All I know that everything in me and all that I am today is because of the mother that I had and the mother that I am. There is no better title in this world then the title of being “MOTHER”. My babies are grown and I now have a daughter that is now a mother herself. It’s amazing to see the love she has for her baby, it brings back so many sweet memories. My son is a strong , smart, and loving man now. He is everything I wanted him to become. . I am so proud of my children. It’s been an honor raising both my children and I thank god for them.
My mother is no longer with us and I miss her. She left this world at such a young age. God knows I had many challenges with my mom. Good or bad, happy, or sad, all the times I shared with her, has helped mold me into the person that I am today. This year, in memory of my mom…. I will walk Mother’s Day, in the Philadelphia Susan G. Komen “Race for the Cure”. I will be walking with my old pals from AEGON and I am excited to walk with them.
This week I am posting some inspirational quotes from the book “Words for the Cure” in honor and in memory of all the mothers in our lives.
“ I feel keenly aware of how precious and fleeting life is, and I hope I will never forget what the experience has taught me…who I am, who I want to be, who I can never be again. It was a hard time, but I’d rather have the really hard stuff than to never know what I know now.” – SHERYL CROW

No comments:

Post a Comment