Monday, March 29, 2010

THIS WEEK!

This is a busy week for most people. I am sitting here enjoying my morning coffee thinking how this week will play out. For me, it is the week my state rep comes out for our annual visit(at my place of business). I am sure everything will go fine, but I always sweat it out, and can't wait for the rep to leave. So I will tell myself to calm down, breath and hopefully get through the week with ease. This is nothing compared to what Christ went through during Holy Week. For Christians this is the most important week of the year, it's a very humbling week. Knowing someone could love us enough to die on the cross and to promise us he will rise again is amazing.

On Holy Thursday, many Christians wash each others’ feet. This ritual is based on Jesus washing his disciples’ feet before the feast of Passover and charging them to treat others with the humility that he has shown them. Sometimes it's a challenge to for me to treat others with humility, and I am embarrassed to say this.. I need to be kinder to others and treat them the way I would want to be treated. This is my goal, work on treating others with humility. Be kind and caring....

Starting with myself, and treating others with the same love I have for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment