Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Plugging Away

That's what I have been doing.  I have been cooking fresh foods and been getting some fruits and veggies at the local farmers market. I still go to the farm for organic milk.  I have to admit, I am super lazy when it comes to exercising. I do it, just not as much as I should be. Just trying to live a healthy lifestyle.

So with all that said, I have lost 10 lbs.  I have done it slowly........and that's okay with me.

Now, we all know that October is "Breast Cancer Awareness" month. This hits home, because my Mother had breast cancer in both her breast when she was in her mid 50s.  Two weeks ago I had my yearly mammogram and guess what?  I received a call telling me my mammogram came back abnormal. Well, I didn't get too shaken up, because after all this could mean almost anything. So they sent me for another "compression" mammogram.  A few days later, I get a call that this turned out abnormal  as well.  The doctor then sent me for an ultrasound....days later, I get a call that this looks suspicious.  GREAT!  The next step is an appointment with the surgeon.  I am trying to keep my cool and not freak out, but honestly it surly is bringing me some anxiety.
I think of all the woman with breast cancer, and how they need to be brave to fight the fight against cancer. These Divas, must be so strong in order to go through the the treatments that are needed to eliminate this disease.

I will keep a positive attitude while I wait for my appointment with the surgeon. I do feel like all will be well.   Remember Diva's go get your yearly mammogram, early detection early cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment