Monday, June 13, 2011

The Wedding

The wedding between my son and his new wife was amazing.

Before the wedding the guys met at my house to get dressed and have pictures taken, as well as to spend some time together. I can’t tell how much I enjoyed having all them there. Even my ex-husband was there and we all got along wonderfully. There was even a point in which my ex-husband and my present husband kicked me out of the kitchen and told me to go rest up my foot (I broke it) while they put out the drinks and cut up some snacks. That cracked me up. There were no worries, just lots of toasting and laughter. My heart will always remember this time together. (Sniff, sniff) I feel like I soaked it all in……my heart was full.

Then onto the ceremony……… It was so cute to see the flower girls holding their baskets as they walked. My granddaughter needed some help going in the right direction (thanks Aunt Debbie)……she was so adorable. I just love her! Both the flower girls looked as beautiful in their dresses, as did the bridesmaids in theirs. My daughter was a bridesmaid and she just looked lovely. She walked down the aisle with her husband (he was a groomsmen) and you can see how much they love each other. The colors of the wedding worked wonderful together. Champagne and chocolate…..very nice.

When my son was standing at the altar, I couldn’t stop crying, I was so proud of him. He is such an incredible person. I know he is going to make a wonderful husband.

Then when the bride walked down the aisle, I lost it again. She was absolutely beautiful. Her hair and dress were gorgeous. She looked perfect. As she began to walked down the aisle, she just looked at my son and their eyes locked, and you could see how much they loved each other. You could tell when they were saying their vowels to each other, it was truly coming from their heart.  They both had tears of love in their eyes.

It was a simple yet still spiritual ceremony and it was performed by my son’s high school friend, who now is an ordained minister. The minister knew them both, so he personalized the ceremony which was so nice. The mother of the bride read a reading from the bible. I then read an “Apache Wedding Blessing”, it was very moving. Then my step son sang “Ave Maria”. He is an incredible opera singer. He sang the song beautifully.

The reception was so fun, everyone danced and really enjoyed themselves………..after it was over, no one wanted to leave. Everyone just hung out talking on the dance floor. I supposed no one wanted it to be over. It’s nice to know that the bride and groom will have a strong support system with their friends and families.

The entire week was very remember able and will be cherished in my heart forever. Life is Good!


The Newlyweds


Life is Good!

3 comments:

  1. I just read this aloud to Frank and I couldn't stop crying! Tears of happiness :) Thank you for welcoming me into the family and helping to make our wedding a memorable day we will never ever forget!
    -Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lisa. Your writing really comes from your heart!
    Aunt Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhhhh very nice! Felt like I was there for the moment. Mom just directed me to your blog. Cool. Better way to keep in touch - FB gets so "clogged up" sometimes. xoxo Dottie

    ReplyDelete