Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Got Gratitude?

Got gratitude? Of course! There’s nothing like gathering with loved ones around a bountiful holiday table to make us count our blessings. But giving thanks shouldn’t be something we practice once a year; it should be a vital part of our everyday life. Studies show that gratitude can actually improve your health by strengthening your immune system and making you more resilient in the face of crisis.

Now, with that said;  I have been under a lot of stress in the past few weeks (dealing with medical issues) and since all is well now, I started telling myself, "you need to be grateful for this body that God has created".  I am not as young as I used to be, but that doesn't matter.  This is my body and my life and it's beautiful. I am made perfect in the eyes of God.
So here is how I, Queen Diva gets her gratitude on. When I wake up in the morning I look in the mirror and say out loud, thank you God, for the gift of today, thank you for my health and family and friends and I thank you for all the blessing you have bestowed on me. Then I add "You are beautiful". It's something I had to get in the habit of doing and it's a great way to start your day.
  I am grateful, I am truly grateful and not just because it's Thanksgiving.
How about you?  You got gratitude?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment