Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tea Time

I am sitting here quietly enjoying my special tea that my husband bought for me…..(he knows how much I enjoy it) and what better a time to reflect on my health status and where I stand then right now.
Sometimes I have to stand back and take a good hard look at where I am, because I know that at times some of my old habits start to creep back into my life and I worked too dam hard for that to happen…..so this is what I have observed.
I have enjoyed way too many sweets in the past few days, so I need to get the sugar out of my system. This is harder to do then I thought. Once that sugar envelopes every cell in my body, it takes a while to get it out. Also, once my sugar levels are all over the place it takes a few days to settle them down and I can get real grumpy and crabby during this process.
I thought I would start by checking out the house and make sure there is nothing here to binge on……. Because once the sugar is in me, the binge monster wakes up. And God knows how much I despise that binge monster. So, I will eliminate the few sugary treats that walked into my house today. I really have no idea where those tempting treats came from….ha ha.
I notice that whenever I go on a sugar kick, I don’t drink half the amount of water that I normally do. This makes things even worse. My poor body is saying to me……Knock it the hell off and get back on track. So I am listening and I started my day with a nice healthy bowl of fruit with two slices of multi grain toast and a cup of low fat soy milk. I am off to a good start and I will continue on this path today.
It takes a lot to get your life on a healthy path and like any path in life, sometimes we fall off the path or we try another path, but we eventually get back to where we need to be. My goal is to live a healthy lifestyle and hopefully and naturally shed a few pounds in the process. At this time that is not my main goal, but hopefully an automatic secondary goal. Today I am recommitting to myself and I will keep telling myself that I can be a healthy Diva.  Today I feel positive and I love the feeling that positivity plays in my life.  Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment