Monday, November 15, 2010

Fresh Foods, It's What It's All About

Since the time I have spent with the nutritionist, I have developed a new relationship with food and nutition. It is so refreshing now to look at nutrition with a whole new perspective.   It's easier then most people even know.  You just have to learn what goes with what and why?  Then you have to figure out when and how to do it. (More on that for another posting) To be quite honest…society has made it so hard. There is a lot of money to be made in the weight loss business, so I do understand the reason for it. But for me…..well, I feel like a weight has been literally lifted off my chest and I thank god for it.  I just wish I had been ready to develop this relationship earlier in my life, but for whatever reason it just wasn’t the right time.  Getting here was not easy, I will tell you that.  In fact it was hell. So, I may tell you that my relationship with food is easier now may be true, but the battle with food was truly hell, so I do not want to mislead anyone. I still have a few battles but they get fewer and fewer.  My choices I make are getting better and better. 

It’s really all about fresh foods and good choices and adding in some exercise of your choice into the mixture. That’s it. No more counting points or calories. Everyday is a good day. No one can tell you otherwise. It’s all about putting good fresh foods into your body and you can’t help but feel healthy.

You can’t do it all at once, so you take baby steps. I wrote about how I changed my milk choice and I recently went back to making my homemade pasta sauce. So, I am going to talk a bit about that. I used to make homemade pasta sauce when I was married to my first husband (he was Italian) every Sunday. It was expected and I didn’t mind. My second husband is Pennsylvania Dutch and he likes pasta but doesn’t need it every Sunday. Maybe once or twice a month. Plus, he likes a famous jarred sauce. He always said, "Honey, why make it and spend all that time in the kitchen when we could be doing something and then all you have to do is just heat up the sauce right before the pasta was cooked?"…..so, I got lazy and all but stopped making my sauce.

Have you ever looked what was in that jarred sauce?  Since we don't make it ourselves we truly don't know what they put in it. Plus I miss the taste of my fresh pasta sauce.  Yes, it does take time and effort, but it's worth it.  All fresh ingredients with fresh herbs, spices and cheeses...I figure I will make enough to freeze for two meals.  So, for now I am back to making my own, just not every Sunday. Ha, Ha! :)  
 Like I said before baby Steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment