Thursday, December 15, 2011

What Is Peppermint Used for Today?
Peppermint oil has shown promise for a variety of conditions that involve spasm of the intestinal tract. Most studies have involved irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), for which peppermint oil has shown considerable promise. Peppermint oil may also be helpful for reducing the pain caused by medical examinations of the colon and stomach, as well for decreasing the intestinal gas pain that frequently follows surgery.

In Januarry of 2010, I was hospitalized for an acute episode of Colitis.  One of things the doctor told me to do when I was released from the hospital, was to drink a hot cup of peppermint tea with each meal.  He said it helps calm the tummy and bowels.  To this day if my tummy feels off I try to enjoy a hot cup of peppermint tea.  It works!

Hey, is this an excuse to enjoy a peppermint candy cane?


Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment